PBIS IN EBR SCHOOLS GREAT EXPECTATIONS LEAD TO GREAT OUTCOMES
What is School Wide Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS)?
• PBIS is a framework for establishing the social culture and behavioral supports needed for a school to be an effective learning environment for all students
Features of School-wide Positive Behavior Support
• Establish regular, predictable, positive learning and teaching environments.
• Build and maintain preventative environments
• Train adults and students to serve as positive models.
• Create systems for providing regular positive feedback.
• Improve social competence. Develop environments that support academic success.
Is your school effectively problem solving behavior issues?
• Does your school analyze discipline data on a regular basis?
• How do you know if the analyses are effective?
• Be careful- the data you analyze is only as good as what gets put into the data system.
• Good looking data may not be an indication of what is really happening in your school