The Department of Technology Services (DTS) provides daily hardware and software support and operations for the district’s wide area network, instructional and business enterprise applications, 20,000+ computers, 400 plus file servers, and thousands of network electronic devices. This work provides the technological highway upon which the district’s instructional, business, and communications systems flow at 90 instructional and administrative campuses across the entire school system.
Wireless networks have been installed at our campuses to greatly increase access to mobile technology devices for both students and staff.
- Design, implementation, monitoring and support of one of the largest single wide area networks in the state of Louisiana
- Design, implementation, monitoring and support of 90 local area networks at all EBR schools and administrative campuses
- Project design and management of all technologies involved in new school construction, campus renovations, and school technology upgrades
- Support of EBR’s 7,500-user GroupWise email system
- Monitoring and maintaining network security and intrusion detection systems
- Support of EBR’s Internet web-filtering system (CIPA compliant)
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and support thousands of district telephone, fax, and alarm lines
- Manage and support all district voice mail and caller ID systems
- Manage and monitor district cell phone accounts
- Assist with Tax Plan equipment and service procurement and management
- Assist with equipment warehousing and installation services
- Assist with E-Rate application, management and monitoring