The Homebound teacher is responsible for the following:
- Contacting the parent or guardian to determine the need for services and arranging a schedule to begin instruction.
- Scheduling a meeting with the classroom teachers to pick up assignments, coursework, outlines, answer keys, and any other materials necessary to support the student’s instructional program.
- Developing and implementing a homebound educational plan that will facilitate academic progress and met the instructional requirements of the student’s current educational program.
- Providing progress reports and report cards as scheduled by the local school system.
- Providing assistance with the student’s re-entry into school if necessary.
Parents are responsible for the following:
- Notifying the school when it has been determined that the student will be out of school for longer than then (10) consecutive school days for a qualifying illness. It is recommended that the parent or guardian notify the school administrator in writing.
- Providing the name of the attending physician to authorize the release of medical information so the school district can determine eligibility for services.
- Providing access to the student’s home and helping schedule teacher visits that do not conflict with medical treatments.
- Providing an appropriate environment and necessary supervision.
- Assisting the child with instructional activities and ensuring appropriate instructional materials are available.
- Secure students textbooks from home school.
What is happening in EBr?