Fiscal Year: July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021
Support Programs processes the following for Teachers and Paraprofessionals to obtain certification status:
Praxis Reimbursement and Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement do not guarantee continued employment, new job assignments, pay increases or promotions.
**All funding is contingent upon the availability of funds.**
(All coursework/assessments for which participants are seeking assistance or reimbursement, must be undertaken and submitted Human Resources between July 1, 2020-June 04, 2021.)
Support Programs also processes applications for the two programs that are available for teachers in Louisiana who are interested in taking free courses for college credit to continue their education.
To download the Praxis Reimbursement Application click here.
To download the Teacher Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement Application click here.
The BESE Tuition Program for Teachers is a competitive program that allows teachers to enroll in courses at Louisiana colleges and universities at the state’s expense. Teachers selected into the program will have their course tuition paid directly to the Louisiana Office of State Financial Assistance by the Louisiana Department of Education.
Certified and currently employed classroom teachers are eligible to apply. Awardees are granted funding for a course, but not guaranteed enrollment in the course. Participating teachers must meet all course requirements and follow the enrollment process of the participating college or university.
STEM Fellows: To address the need for teachers certified in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to meet the growing needs of Louisiana’s STEM-based industries, applications for courses in STEM fields will be prioritized. Teachers participating in the program taking STEM-focused coursework will also join a cadre of educators called STEM Fellows, who will work with the Department and the LaSTEM Council (will open in new tab) to further STEM initiatives across the state.
Funding will be awarded as available. Priority will be given to applicants who:
More information about applying for the BESE Tuition Program for Teachers can be found at: https://www.louisianabelieves.com/teaching/continuing-education-opportunities-for-educators.
Tuition shall not be paid on the following:
Applicants that do not receive a spot in the BESE Tuition Program for Teachers will be eligible to apply to take courses through the Board of Regents Louisiana Classroom Teacher Enrollment Program (CTEP).
Louisiana Revised Statute 17:7.3 requires the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) to establish a continuing education program at Louisiana colleges and universities under which classroom teachers may take courses with tuition paid by the State.
This law creates the Louisiana Classroom Teacher Enrollment Program (CTEP), which, if several stipulations are met, allows classroom teachers to attend approved Louisiana colleges and universities tuition-free (all other fees must be paid by the teacher) on a space-available basis.
1. You must apply and be admitted into the University – either as degree seeking or non-matriculating.
2. DO NOT ADD THE COURSE(S) TO YOUR SCHEDULE YOURSELF. CTEP operates on a space available basis. Once the last day to add has passed, eligible students will be added to the course if there are seats available. Adding the course(s) on your own will result in you not being able to use CTEP funds.
3. CTEP cannot be used for the following course types:
5. CTEP applications must be submitted before the last day to add courses for the semester in which you’re intending to take the course(s).
6. Use the following link to complete the CTEP application with EBRPSS: EBRPSS Digital Classroom Teacher Enrollment Program (CTEP) Application
7. After you receive the completed CTEP documentation from the HR Representative, submit them to the university’s Registrar’s Office.
Aug. 17 2020
Requirements: You must be an employee of East Baton Rouge Parish School System. Must have at least five (5) ...Read more