Teach Baton Rouge, is calling on our community’s professionals and leaders to commit to teaching full-time in our community’s high-need schools. The experience, energy, and commitment of these professionals can help ensure that all of our students excel academically. In addition, Teach Baton Rouge teachers form a powerful network of leaders that are working to improve public education. The Teach Baton Rouge alternative certification program has been helping EBR’s community professionals and leaders to become certified teachers’ since 2001.
Please see the Teach Baton Rouge information video:
Teach Baton Rouge from EBRPSS Office of Human Resources on Vimeo.
The Teach Baton Rouge program is now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 cohort. Please click here to apply.
Teach Baton Rouge 2021-2022 Application Process
- In order to apply for the 2021-2022, Teach Baton Rouge program (once the application becomes available) you must have passed the Praxis I.
- The first stage of the application process is having passing Praxis I scores or to be exempt from Praxis I. You are exempt from Praxis I if you have one of the following a Master’s degree, 22 or higher on ACT/1030 or higher on SAT.
- Once we receive the Praxis I scores you will be eligible for an interview. If you are interviewed and accepted into the program you will need Passing Praxis II scores by the beginning of May.
- You will need to upload your resume, transcripts, letter of intent (addressing the questions: Why do you want to teach in East Baton Rouge, and how will your past experiences help you achieve success in the classroom?), and passing Praxis scores and ACT/SAT scores.
- Fill out the external application and choose Teach Baton Rouge under position desired. If you have previously applied to the East Baton Rouge School System for a Substitute Teacher or Para Position you will use your same information to apply to the Teach Baton Rouge program.
Areas of recruitment for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Early Childhood Education Grades PreK-3
- Elementary Education Grades 1-5
- Middle School English Grades 4-8
- Middle School Math Grades 4-8
- Middle School Science Grades 4-8
- Special Education Grades K-8 all subject areas
What is happening in EBr?