East Baton Rouge Parish School Board is seeking Special Education Advisory Council Members
Nov. 12 2019
The East Baton Rouge Parish School Board is accepting applications for membership on the newly created Special Education Advisory Council. The Council is an opportunity for parents, district staff, and community to provide advice and recommendations, regarding special education policies, procedures, and resources and will meet three (3) times per year.
Members will be appointed by Mr. Warren Drake, Superintendent, and serve a two (2)
Council members will:
- Actively participate in meetings with the EBR Parish Schools Department of Exceptional Student Services Director and Supervisors
- Share input on upcoming decisions concerning policy, procedures, and use resources
- Work collaboratively to improve the educational system for students with disabilities
- Engage in outreach activities to the community at large, to increase the level of knowledge, support, and collaboration with respect to Special Education.
Members are being sought from the following stakeholder groups:
- Parents or legal guardians of students with disabilities enrolled in East Baton Rouge Parish Schools
- Teachers, Principals, and Paraprofessionals employed by East Baton Rouge Parish Schools
- Adults with disabilities
- Self-Advocates (high school students with disabilities)
- Employers of students with disabilities
- School Board Members
- School student leadership
To apply, applications can be obtained from the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board Superintendent’s Office, 1050 South Foster Drive | Baton Rouge, LA | 70806 or access an application from the District’s website: www.ebrschools.org .
All applications must be returned to Mrs. Mona Barnes via email: email@example.com, no later than November 18, 2019.
Application for Special Education Advisory Council
Back to News