Aug. 23 2020
Based on current weather forecasts and storm tracking updates from state and local agencies,
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System’s facilities will be closed at noon on August 24 and
will remain closed August 25.
Updates for EBRPSS students:
– Virtual classroom schedules will not be followed on Monday and Tuesday to allow
families and staff the opportunity to prepare for the potential impact of severe weather.
– During this time, students may review previous work or additional review materials at
their own pace and will not be penalized for the inability to participate. Teachers are
encouraged to provide enrichment activities for students to work on independently via
district online-learning platforms. These opportunities are to provide students with
supplemental and review materials.
– 10-day, semi-shelf stable meal boxes will be available to EBRPSS students for pickup on
Monday, August 24 from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., while supplies last.
Updates for EBRPSS employees:
– EBRPSS employees are expected to follow school/facility check-in and check-out
procedures on Monday morning and follow supervisors’ directives for next steps.
– Prior to facility closures at noon on Monday, employees will have the opportunity to
pick up necessary materials and secure workspaces.
The district is also actively tracking and monitoring the development of Tropical Storm Laura
and will release additional guidance by no later than Tuesday evening. Please stay tuned to
local news outlets, ebrschools.org and the EBR Schools Facebook Page (@EBRPschools) for
more information. As always, the safety of our students and faculty is our top priority.
Join us next weekend for a night of fun, dance and Santa Claus. Step into BREC and the EBRP Fine Arts Department’s Winter Wonderland next weekend as you and your family enjoy arts and crafts, Santa Claus and more! Then, be amazed as the community com...Read more