Families will be notified of tuition responsibility based on a sliding scale.
All parents must provide proof of income.
- Children in families with incomes at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for free tuition and considered “at-risk”.
- Children in families with incomes above 185% of the Federal Poverty Level may pay tuition not to exceed $475 per month.
- Foster children and homeless families are automatically eligible for publicly-funded seats.
- Special needs and ELL children may be eligible to receive services but must still qualify to participate in publicly-funded programs.
- Eligibility is based on gross HOUSEHOLD income. Therefore, if there are 2 or more adults contributing to the financial needs of the family, all must provide proof of income.
Allowable Proof of Income
Parents must provide ONE of the following:
♦Check StubsSNAP/Food Stamps
♦An official letter from your employer stating all of the following:
Where parent/guardian is employed
Hourly rate of pay
The average number of hours parent/guardian works per week
♦Unemployment Benefits – must submit a Monetary Determination letter from the Workforce Commission
♦A statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits, which must be accompanied by two current check stubs.
♦Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS
♦Parents who are homeless or unemployed must submit a letter of support and income documentation from support source.
♦Tax documentation is allowable only if no other form of income verification documentation exists.