Dear Dufrocq Community,
As leaders in our Division of Academics and Literacy have been working to fine-tune our Montessori programming to better align with state guidelines, we have discovered some ambiguity within the official requirements. We are working to gain clarity on these elements in order to share a comprehensive plan for implementation at Dufrocq Elementary School.
In effort to ensure we are in strict compliance and to meet the needs of your children, we would like to postpone the community meeting scheduled for tonight, November 28, 2023.
The new date for the community meeting is Monday, December 11, 2023 at 6PM. In this meeting, we will discuss the following:
1. Overview of Montessori and Traditional Program
2. Action Plan for recruitment of Montessori teachers
3. Training of Current Montessori teachers
4. Alignment of Montessori Program
5. Review and Update of Traditional Program
6. Principal Selection Process
We look forward to seeing you and discussing all of the wonderful, exciting initiatives taking place at Dufrocq Elementary School.
Thank you very much,
Courtney S. Turner, Interim Principal